Date: 04 Jan 2002 06:51:02 -0700

Bryan and I spent our first day birding of the new year on the 3rd in northern counties. Here's the best birds of the day:
            Common Redpoll- FINALLY! approz. 40-45 at the Mantua location.
             Barrow's Goldeneye- 7 at 1st Dam, Logan River, Logan
             Trumpeter Swan- 5 [a family-2 adult, 3 young] near milepost 18 on highway north
                                         of Deweyville in a farm pond.
              Merlin- Antelope Island Causeway
              Surf Scotor- AIC, still there

               Notable misses- Ruff, Long-tailed Duck, Snow Bunting, Lapland Longspur