Pink Swans

<forwarded by webmaster>

\From lhanausk@IDFG.STATE.ID.US
From: "LAURI HANAUSKA-BROWN" <lhanausk@IDFG.STATE.ID.US>
Subject: pink swans

Merry Christmas all...
        For those of you who have not received email from me already
and as a reminder to those who have, I am the contact for reporting
'pink
winged' and collared swans.  We collared and color dyed 95 trumpeter
cygnets this year at Harriman State Park.  We are very interested in
any
observations of these birds throughout the winter, spring, and summer.
The swans all have green neck collars, one pink wing, and are all young

(gray) cygnets.  We have three technicians working throughout southeast

Idaho, but no full time folks in UT.  If anyone observes one of these
birds or other collared swans, please let me know.  Date, precise
location, collar number (##E), and which wing is colored are all
valuable pieces of data.

Thanks to all who have reported swan sightings so  far, and thanks in
advance to the rest of you who spend time birding this year.  Happy
holidays!

Lauri Hanauska-Brown
Upper Snake Region Wildlife Biologist
Idaho Department of Fish and Game