redpoll update

- --part1_9e.1f7adebd.29550fea_boundary

     I was hoping I would be able to send a picture when I posted the
address, but today would be the day that our sharp-shinned hawk would pick to
hang around.(all day) I am not discouraged because the big flock of
goldfinches has not shown up. The business name is Utah Quality Service. We
are located at 23 North 900 West. That is in-between north and south temple
on the west side of the street. There is an Auto Zone, two old homes and then
our building. The feeders are in the elm tree across from the fire hydrant.
The redpoll was in the tray of the tube feeder twice and on the lower peg
once. There is a feeder in the birch tree at the south end on the building,
and it has some bigger holes in the sock and will have some house finches at
it. We get a couple of pine siskins, and if they are there look real close at
them. I thought it was a siskin the first time I saw it. I should know not to
be nonchalant about different birds in a flock, but really didn't expect
something special. I will be in and out a lot during the weekend, and if you
see a white van or green pathfinder then I am in the building. The doors will
be locked so call 363-8930 if you would like to come in and sit upstairs and
watch. All are welcome. There is usually up to 30 goldfinches here all the
time, but when the redpoll was here there were more than 70. We counted 70
but they were on the ground, on the feeders, and up in the tree and moving
back and forth. If anyone sees it, please post it so anyone that wants to see
it will know it is still here.    Jack Binch

- --part1_9e.1f7adebd.29550fea_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>  &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I was hoping I would be able to send a picture when I posted the address, but today would be the day that our sharp-shinned hawk would pick to hang around.(all day) I am not discouraged because the big flock of goldfinches has not shown up. The business name is Utah Quality Service. We are located at 23 North 900 West. That is in-between north and south temple on the west side of the street. There is an Auto Zone, two old homes and then our building. The feeders are in the elm tree across from the fire hydrant. The redpoll was in the tray of the tube feeder twice and on the lower peg once. There is a feeder in the birch tree at the south end on the building, and it has some bigger holes in the sock and will have some house finches at it. We get a couple of pine siskins, and if they are there look real close at them. I thought it was a siskin the first time I saw it. I should know not to be nonchalant about different birds in a flock, but really didn't expect something special. I will be in and out a lot during the weekend, and if you see a white van or green pathfinder then I am in the building. The doors will be locked so call 363-8930 if you would like to come in and sit upstairs and watch. All are welcome. There is usually up to 30 goldfinches here all the time, but when the redpoll was here there were more than 70. We counted 70 but they were on the ground, on the feeders, and up in the tree and moving back and forth. If anyone sees it, please post it so anyone that wants to see it will know it is still here. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Jack Binch</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_9e.1f7adebd.29550fea_boundary--