Red-Throated Loon at Minersville Reservoir

Today (12/01) Kevin Wheeler, Steve Summers and I observed the Red-Throated
Loon at Minersville Reservoir.  It was the only loon we saw on the lake and
was actively diving along the opposite shore/ice directly across from the
State Park boat ramp.  Kevin and I watched the loon from 11:10 to around
noon, and Steve saw the loon around 1:00 pm or so.  I am not sure if this is
the same loon I observed at Quail Creek Reservoir on 11/22.  Both were
juveniles and overall very similar in appearance and behavior, however this
one seemed to have darker markings on the throat.??.

Other recent observations:
Both Pacific Loons continue at Quail Creek Reservoir (through 12/01).
An adult Golden-crowned Sparrow has apparently returned for another winter
at the Red Cliffs Campground (last observed evening of 11/29 foraging under
scrub oak in campsite #1).

Take care and hopefully I will be posting again soon,
Rick Fridell