Red-throated Loon

A quick trip to Quail Creek Reservoir with Bryan  today didn't produce the RED-THROATED LOON, but we did find 3 loons there, along with 15 Hooded Mergansers, 1 Horned Grebe, and 3 Bonapartes Gulls.  The wind was howling and the loons were near the
far shore so we weren't able to positively ID them.
After a few hrs we left and drove back to Minersville Res. and believe it or not we
found a Red-throated Loon there with 5 Common Loons.  It was a juvenile and was
easy to tell.  We were able to watch it for about an hour until dark.  The best place
to see it was from the boat ramp in the State Park.

Good Luck,
Dennis