Re: [birdnet] Antelope Island Causeway

At 10:38 PM 11/16/01 -0700, Glenn B. wrote:

>I finally found what I was looking for for such a long time--a Surf Scoter
(f)!  >Only one!  The sun was just right so that it cast the right amou
[clip]

The wife and I spent most of the day on the island.  Yes,  we also saw the
Surf  Scoter right where you said.  Missed the Horned Grebes though.  There
was also some Snowy Plovers near where we saw the Scoter.  The Plover  was
a lifer for us.  The highlight of the day though was a trophy size mule
deer buck.  Which is what I had really wanted to see when we left this
morning.  He was magnificent.
Good Birding,

James Lofthouse