Merlin

Me and Eric Huish went out to Tooele and Salt Lake
counties today. At the James Fitzgerald WMA we saw a
Common Loon. One other Loon was present, but were
unable to get a good view. There were at least fifty
pheasent hunters there, so we couldn't leave the
parking lot. We saw Bald Eagles at Rush Lake, and some
ducks. We went to Settlement Resivoir and saw Common
Goldeneye. At the corner of Bryan Road ( 4400 N. ) and
Highway 36 there was a Merlin. Highway 36 is the one
that goes from I-80 to Tooele. At GSL Marina there was
Buffleheads, Ruddy Ducks, Eared Grebes, Shovlers, and
a out of season Black Necked Stilt. I don't know how
rare they are this time in the season. We went to
Copperton Park in SL County. We saw Golden Crowned
Kinglets, Brown Creepers, and a Yellow Rumped Warbler.
Also out by Copperton was a Rough Legged Hawk. A lot
of birds were seen for the first time this season for
me. Also two lifers. 38 birds were seen all together.
KC Childs