re: Birding Software

I've been using AviSys for nearly 10 years.  It's very flexible.  You can
make your records as detailed or as simple as you like.  Reports are great.
There's even a new option to synchronize with a  Palm Pilot.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.  They always advertise in the
ABA journal if you'd like more info.
Dan
salemid@aol.com

- ------------------------------
I finally broke down and replaced my 20 year old computer that still uses
WordPerfect 5.1 and 5 1/4 inch discs.  Hey, it did what I needed it to do.
My new one is a PC lap top with lots of memory (128 meg or RAM) so I've
got lots of room for a good program. I am interested in what people are
using for birding software and how they like or dislike a particular program.

I already have Thayer's Bird of North America and it has lots of good stuff
on it.  However, it does not generate the lists I would like it to.  I'm
looking
for something that kick out a bird list for a specific state, or all the
birds I've
seen in a state, county, etc., or all the birds I haven't seen in a specific
state.  I would like to be able to add sightings for birds that they don't
have
listed yet, e.g. Gunnison Sage Grouse, or a first sighting in the state.  I'm

mainly interested in birds in North America since I don't plan on much
(any?) foreign travel.

I've looked at the description in the ABA catalog of Thayer's Birding Diary,
but I would to hear from some one who has actually used it.  Also, any
other good software people are using.

I would appreciate any information people can give me.

Thanks,

Yvonne
ystroup@library.utah.edu