Pectoral Sandpipers

I watched 10+ PECTORAL SANDPIPERS at Fool Creek Reservoir Saturday
10/13 from ~5:00 pm until sundown.

Fool Creek Reservoir is that body of water on the north side of Sink
Road near Lynndyl, Millard Co., Utah. Or more accurately, it used to
be a body of water. Because of the drought, it's not much more than a
few puddles and some mudflats now. I watched the sandpipers on a
mudflat near what would normally be the approximate middle of the
reservoir; ~3/4 of a mile north of where Sink Road passes by the
reservoir's dam.

Another bird species of interest that I observed in the same area and
at the same time was AMERICAN PIPIT. There were at least a dozen.

This was the first time that I had seen either of these birds in the
Fool Creek Sinks area. They bring my "Sinks" list total to 122
positive ID's in the few years that I have kept track. There have been
numerous other species (esp. gulls) that have gotten away, leaving me
turning field guide pages and scratching my head.

Enjoy!
David Allan
Oak City, Millard Co.