Antelope Island

We tried to go to Garr Ranch today and they'd closed the road due to
construction. On the way back off the island Pomera spotted a bird of
prey flying west as we were driving east on the causeway.  It flew over
the car and landed on a highway sign.  We turned around and studied it
for quite awhile.  It was an absolutely beautiful prairie falcon and was
very cooperative in letting us take photographs.
At Farmington Bay there was a flock of great blue herons standing
together in a dry field and they looked like they might fall over at any
moment from exhaustion (their heads were hung very low).  They didn't
seem to care who was passing by, either.
If Garr Ranch had been open we probably would have missed the falcon so
it turned out to be a great birding day.
Carol & Pomera