Varied thrush and other reports from Garr Ranch

Yesterday (23 Sep 01) I went to Garr Ranch on Antelope Island after seeing the Ruff by Farmington (thank you, Julie and Dana!!).  I ran into a fellow who said he saw the Philadelphia vireo in the picnic area moments before (just 4:30).  Unfortunately, though I could tell you all about the exact plumage and personality characteristics of every "Audubon's" warbler and Cassin's vireo and Townsend's warbler I saw again and again in that picnic area, I did not see THE vireo myself.  However, I did see a Varied thrush in the thicker vegetation on the south bank of the southern spring east of the ranch house.

Happy birding,

- --David