Ruff at Glover Lane

It's true - there is (as of 2:30 pm Sunday) a juvenile Ruff at the pond
at the end of Glover Lane in Farmington. The bird was foraging actively
in the small amount of shallow water remaining at the north end of the
eastern pond. It seemed intent upon feeding, and was not disturbed by
us, even when I approached to get a photo. I did manage to take several
photos, which should be good enough for documentation purposes. It was
feeding amongst a number of Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, which provide
a good size comparison (it's about the same size as the Greaters).

Good luck!

Mark

Mark Stackhouse
Westwings, Inc.