Black Phoebe

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13DF8.18709660

As much as I didn't expect to, I have to agree with Casey's ID at =
Mehraban Wetlands Park.  At 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Sep. 15, I watched the =
Black Phoebe from about 60 feet away for over 10 minutes while it was =
preening, turning every which way to afford good looks.  The bird is a =
dead ringer for the picture in the Natl. Geog. Guide -- solid black head =
and chest, black bill, no eye ring or wing bars.  Even the white belly =
comes to a little peak like in the book.
The bird was in the Russian Olives at the south side of the northwest of =
the 2 little lakes in the park.  Mehraban Park's entrance is at 11820 S. =
820 East.  Access is from Meadow Wood Drive (11705 South) east off 7th =
East, Draper, SL County, then bear south and east a bit till you come to =
820 East.  Good spotting, Casey.
- --Steve Carr

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13DF8.18709660

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>As much as I didn't expect to, I have to agree with Casey's ID at =
Mehraban=20
Wetlands Park.&nbsp; At 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Sep. 15, I watched the =
Black Phoebe=20
from about 60 feet away for over 10 minutes while it was preening, =
turning every=20
which way to afford good looks.&nbsp; The bird is a dead ringer for the =
picture=20
in the Natl. Geog. Guide -- solid black head and chest, black bill, no =
eye ring=20
or wing bars.&nbsp; Even the white belly comes to a little peak like in =
the=20
book.</DIV>
<DIV>The bird was in the Russian Olives at the south side of the =
northwest of=20
the 2 little lakes in the park.&nbsp; Mehraban Park's entrance is at =
11820 S.=20
820 East.&nbsp; Access is from Meadow Wood Drive (11705 South) east off =
7th=20
East, Draper, SL County, then bear south and east a bit till you come to =
820=20
East.&nbsp; Good spotting, Casey.</DIV>
<DIV>--Steve Carr</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C13DF8.18709660--