Redstart and eight other warblers

This morning (8.23.01, 9-11am) I rushed over to River Lane after Dennis
called me. He and Grant Jense were still there and had already tallied a
total of eight warbler species including the BLACK AND WHITE.  It was
still there in the same tree and responded well to the tape and sang his
squeeky wheel song.  We all got good looks. I stayed behind after
everyone left and drove on down the  road till I heard chickadees again.
I checked a tree with a yellow warbler and a very gray orange-crowned
that I tried to make into a Tennessee (no luck, too much yellow
undertail), and then saw an AMERICAN REDSTART, a female. It stayed in the
tree several minutes and I got very good looks.

I found a  couple of pieces of yellow plastic tape with black letters and
hung those for markers on the trees by the dirt road. The first one is
for the B&W about .2 miles from the cattle guard on the right side and
the next at .4 miles for the redstart on the left side.

Other warblers seen: Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Wilsons, Orange-crowned,
Virginias, McGilliwrays, Nashville.
This is a real hot-spot right now!
Good luck   ~   Tuula