mormon birders

I am not one to be controversial, but I am interested
in the subject of mormons in Utah. I just was
wondering why it is that Utah County Birders are
mormons, but so far am yet to meet one birder from
Salt Lake County that is mormon? Are there mormon
birders in Salt Lake County. I have met awesome
birders from Salt Lake County, they just don't seem to
be mormon? I am facsinated by the serious decline of
mormons in Salt Lake City. Also throughout the
northern part of SL valley. Have lived in cities in
Utah that are not prodomitly mormon, such as Salt Lake
( Rose Park area ) and Vernal. Both having less then
50% of the population mormon. Also why do people
complain about the mormon problem, and live here. Love
it, or leave it. I am not trying to be rude, just a
subject I am facinated with. Also what are the bird
communities in the rest of the state? Well I would
love feedback.
KC Childs