GSL Migratory Bird Survey

<message forwarded by the webmaster>

From: Ann Neville

Subject: Results of the GSL Migratory Bird Survey South Shore from Lee
Creek

South Shore Lee Creek is between 7200 West and Salt Air Exit off I-80.

It
begins from the old Slat Air Dike (where the old graffiti concrete
sub-station and trash is), east and north to Goggin Drain - around 5
miles.
WBS 26 July 2001

CAGoose                  32
Snowy plover             35
SEMIPALMATED Plover      2
Avocet                   7736
Willet                   25
Godwit                   8
Western sandpiper        7
Wilson's phalarope       4
Franklin's gull          1698
Cal Gull                 5981
Duck sp                  1
Gadwall                  2

the plovers were on the north east side of Lee Creek as it enters GSL.
Godwits - at the very north of sight near the Goggin Drain (mixed with
2700
Avocet)!   I think we're getting all the causeway Avocets!