Re: [birdnet] nests

Dear SOCCERBUMS

It was easy to pass your tirade off as reactive, offended, selfish and uniformed and I would not have responded. Now that  you have proven irresponsible and now with questionable intentions as well, shame on you for posting the exact locations of these nests. You owe every person on the Bird Net an apology for your vicious verbal attack.

I have friends that are falconers and hunters and they are responsible and certified. The warnings made were a caution against wannabe falconers that would go in search of raptor nests and raid them illegally. Do you know the difference between wannabe and certified falconers?

I am a birder I am not a hunter I wouldn't think of shooting a duck or a pheasant. But I have no issue with responsible ethical hunters whether with guns or falcons because the money they spend on stamps and permits help preserve the habitat where the birds I watch live.

The warnings sent were not specifically intended for you but for all of us to be careful what information we give out over the internet because you never know who might take that information and use it unethically. That was not to say that you would.

Take a couple of deep breaths and relax then you should send an apology to the Bird Net

Good Day and good Birding. sc

>>> <S0CCERBUMS@aol.com> 06/18/01 07:43PM >>>
100 South 600 East, Gunnison - Swainson's Hawk (?) nest......Springville
State Street, south of jail, north of McDonald's, west side of road in power
post - Kestrel's nest...... Highway from Lehi to Tooele, small dry farm close
to weapons incinerator, west side of highway - Red Tail Hawk's nest..... East
side of Highway, Wild Turkey's (tom, hen & about 8 chicks)....... just south
of Tooele, large dead tree next to lake - Red Tail nest.
If I come across any more, I'll post 'em for you.

Have a nice day.