Farmington Bay (Davis Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0D3FE.602400A0

What's faster than a speeding bullet?  How about a swallow with a tail =
wind!!!
When I left work this afternoon, the wind had died down, so I decided to =
make a trip to Farmington Bay.  How was I to know the wind was still in =
full force in Davis County?  Anyway, it proved to be a boon as well as a =
bane. =20
Before I got to the WMA, but right after the overpass, there were 2 =
Turkey Vultures just off the road.  They would try to get airborn, but =
the wind was so strong it would buffet them around, so they would =
quickly land back in the field.  I've never had such good looks at TV's.
At the WMA most of the birds were hunkered down trying to keep out of =
the wind.  I did manage to see Avocets, Black Necked Stilts, Franklin =
Gulls, Forester's Terns, many White Faced Ibis, a male Norther Harrier =
that was flying into the wind and not making much progress.  Also saw =
Snowy Egret, Cinnamon Teal, and a Great Blue Heron that took flight =
between gusts of wind.
After leaving the WMA, on my way to Glover Ponds, there were many =
swallows on the fence wires.  Apparently the trees and barn were =
blocking the wind and the swallows were resting.  This was the easiest =
time I've had id'ing swallows!!!  There were Northern Rough Wing, Violet =
Green, Tree, and Barn Swallows.
All in all, I identified 26 species.
And not a single Bald Eagle!!
Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0D3FE.602400A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What's faster than a speeding =
bullet?&nbsp; How=20
about a swallow with a tail wind!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I left work this afternoon, the =
wind had died=20
down, so I decided to make&nbsp;a trip to Farmington Bay.&nbsp; How was =
I to=20
know the wind was still in full force in Davis County?&nbsp; Anyway, it =
proved=20
to be a boon as well as a bane.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Before I got to the WMA, but right =
after the=20
overpass, there were 2 Turkey Vultures just off the road.&nbsp; They =
would try=20
to get airborn, but the wind was so strong it would buffet them around, =
so they=20
would quickly land back in the field.&nbsp; I've never had such good =
looks at=20
TV's.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At the WMA most of the birds were =
hunkered down=20
trying to keep out of the wind.&nbsp; I did manage to see Avocets, Black =
Necked=20
Stilts, Franklin Gulls, Forester's Terns, many White Faced Ibis, a male =
Norther=20
Harrier that was flying into the wind and not making much =
progress.&nbsp; Also=20
saw Snowy Egret, Cinnamon Teal, and a Great Blue Heron that took flight =
between=20
gusts of wind.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After leaving the WMA, on my way to =
Glover Ponds,=20
there were many swallows on the fence wires.&nbsp; Apparently the trees =
and barn=20
were blocking the wind and the swallows were resting.&nbsp; This was the =
easiest=20
time I've had id'ing swallows!!!&nbsp; There were Northern Rough Wing, =
Violet=20
Green, Tree, and Barn Swallows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All in all, I identified 26 =
species.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And not a single Bald =
Eagle!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C0D3FE.602400A0--