lesser goldfinch and sightings allong pineview

A first for me but I believe that I actually saw this same bird twice
tonight in two different places.
Nancy and I were walking the North Arm Trail for exercise around 6:30. I
took my lowly Minolta 7x29s along but they didn't come in very handy
tonight. I could see five birds sitting at the North edge of Pineview which
appeared to be swans but they were out of my range. They were certainly
shaped and colored very much like Tundra Swans. Also closer but from the
same vantage point were six Canada Goose in low grassy area and one Osprey
on the Northernmost Osprey platform.
Just as we began to turn around and make for the trail-head here came the
little yellow bird. I saw it quickly and was able to acquire it with the
Minoltas but I couldn't make a positive i.d. at that time. It sure looked
like the Lesser GF though.
At home I was watching the Redwing BBs at the feeders when some Starlings
intruded. I took measures to handle the Starlings and when they flew away I
was instantly rewarded with a visit from a Lesser GF. It stopped at our
Droll Yankee dome feeder ten yards from the window I was at. I got the 8x42s
on it and about 15 seconds later it flew off to the North. It just so
happens that the little yellow bird I saw on the NA Trail was heading the
direction of our home and the same direction as the Lesser GF was headed
upon leaving our feeder.

Cheers,

Ron Wheeler
Eden