Painted Redstart Sunday

The Painted Redstart was still in Zion N.P. today. We first found the bird
at 9:30a near the Douglas-Fir down the road from Sinawava. Later around
11:30a it was singing in the Sinawava Shuttle parking lot but soon started
working its way back down the road to the Doug-Fir spot.  The bird sang for
nearly the whole morning and definitely seems to be on territory.  Most of
the time it wasn't easy to see as it stayed in the tops of trees or high up
on the cliffs.  Judging from our experience today it definitely could be
missed if you don't know the song.  And by-the-way, if you haven't visited
Zion Park since the shuttle system began you should. It is now a wonderful
experience to be able to walk the roads and for the most part feel like
you're the only one there!

Steve & Priscilla Summers
Cedar City.