Jordanelle and Deer Creek

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C689.6E0B56F0

On a trip to Heber Valley this weekend Glenda and I saw 45 species at the
three locations we birded. Among the highlights were the following:
Deer Creek
Ospreys (many), common loon, eared grebe, cattle egret (three, nearly close
enough to touch), sandhill cranes, white-faced ibis, a lone Ross's goose,
peregrine falcon, and the following ducks:
American widgeon, cinnamon teal, canvasback, redhead, gadwall, northern
shoveler, green-winged teal, common goldeneye, and lesser scaup.
Rock Cliff
Many ruby-crowned kinglets, a number of Townsend's solitaires, downy
woodpecker, American dipper, more osprey, and a Caspian tern successfully
fishing the pond at the nature center.
Jordanelle Wetlands Mitigation Site
Belted kingfisher, sandhill crane, small flock of ring-necked ducks, spotted
towhee, red-winged and yellow-headed blackbirds, and just across the street
from the site, a red-naped sapsucker.

Glenda Cotter and Jack Torrey

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C689.6E0B56F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Jordanelle and Deer Creek</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">On a trip to Heber Valley this weekend =
Glenda and I saw 45 species at the three locations we birded. Among the =
highlights were the following:</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">Deer Creek</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ospreys (many), common loon, eared =
grebe, cattle egret (three, nearly close enough to touch), sandhill =
cranes, white-faced ibis, a lone Ross's goose, peregrine falcon, and =
the following ducks:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">American widgeon, cinnamon teal, =
canvasback, redhead, gadwall, northern shoveler, green-winged teal, =
common goldeneye, and lesser scaup.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">Rock Cliff</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Many ruby-crowned kinglets, a number =
of Townsend's solitaires, downy woodpecker, American dipper, more =
osprey, and a Caspian tern successfully fishing the pond at the nature =
center.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jordanelle Wetlands Mitigation =
Site</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Belted kingfisher, sandhill crane, =
small flock of ring-necked ducks, spotted towhee, red-winged and =
yellow-headed blackbirds, and just across the street from the site, a =
red-naped sapsucker.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Glenda Cotter and Jack Torrey</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0C689.6E0B56F0--