Canada Goose Tree nest

- --part1_e6.14304b62.28067e37_boundary

The Wasatch Audubon Chapter went birding this morning around Pineview.  Much
to the surprise of many of us, we spotted a Canada Goose nesting in the top
of an old snag that had been broken off at the top.  She was sitting on the
top of it.  The bird was approximately 30 feet off the ground.  She was
bravely doing her best wood duck imitation.

We also saw the more normal song sparrows, fox sparrow, red-naped sapsucker,
catbird, red tail hawks on a nest, redwing black birds, etc.  It was a bit
early for migrants.  There were common and red-breasted mergansers on the
reservoir, along with common loons.

Bill Fenimore

- --part1_e6.14304b62.28067e37_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>The Wasatch Audubon Chapter went birding this morning around Pineview. &nbsp;Much
<BR>to the surprise of many of us, we spotted a Canada Goose nesting in the top
<BR>of an old snag that had been broken off at the top. &nbsp;She was sitting on the
<BR>top of it. &nbsp;The bird was approximately 30 feet off the ground. &nbsp;She was
<BR>bravely doing her best wood duck imitation.
<BR>
<BR>We also saw the more normal song sparrows, fox sparrow, red-naped sapsucker,
<BR>catbird, red tail hawks on a nest, redwing black birds, etc. &nbsp;It was a bit
<BR>early for migrants. &nbsp;There were common and red-breasted mergansers on the
<BR>reservoir, along with common loons.
<BR>
<BR>Bill Fenimore</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_e6.14304b62.28067e37_boundary--