Bear River Bird Refuge

April 7 trip to the refuge:

Lots of white pelicans, shovelers, pintails, ruddy ducks, avocets.  When I
say lots, I mean thousands.

There was very few other shore birds present.  A few Killdeer, marbled
godwit, and long billed curlew about sums it up.

The swallows were present, but have not began nesting yet.  Four species;
barn, cliff, violet green and tree.

There was a pretty good variety of other birds present.  Fifty one species
for the days total.  Some of which were sighted on the way to and from the
refuge,
not all on the refuge.

On the way home we stopped by Mantua Reservoir.  There was a lot of ducks,
coots, and grebes there.  I had never been there birding before, but found
it to be a very worthwhile spot to stop.  Some of the sightings there:
lesser scaup, greater scaup, common goldeneye, eared grege, red breasted
merganser,
downey woodpecker, bufflehead, western grebe, sparrow hawk, harrier, and
redhead.

c ya

jl