tree swallows

Bill said:

>When I cleaned out boxes after the nestling's had fledged, I found the
>feathers inside to be from Tree Swallows themselves.  It would be
interesting
>to see what you find after the season.

>Enjoy,

>Bill

I took the box down this morning and emptied out last years nest.  At least
50%
of what was in the box was feathers.  Most of the feathers appeared to be
pigeon feathers.  Some looked like chicken feathers, and one looked like it
had come from a magpie.  Nothing that I could see reminded me in the least
of swallow feathers.  Perhaps it is a matter of availability?

c ya

jl