Snow Geese

- --part1_69.1361d234.27f947b1_boundary

My son and I were west of Corrine and north of the Bear River refuge on a
2,000 acre marsh that I have access to on Saturday afternoon (3-5 p.m.).
While we were there enjoying many of the migrant ducks, swans and Sandhill
Cranes, we were treated to an awesome arrival of several flocks of Snow
Geese, with mixed Ross and Blue Phase Geese.  The birds flew over the area,
circling several times before landing in a crested wheat grass meadow (200
yards from us).  There were several hundred birds in it.  More long V's were
streaming into the area.  Before it was over we counted some 2,000 Snow, Ross
Geese settling into the marsh (roosting for the night).  A tremendous sight.
Their vocalizations filled the air.  It was a din of honking birds.

If anyone wants to tour the area, let me know.  We have had Snowy Plovers
nesting in this area over the last several years.  It is great birding,
especially in the winter when the Bald Eagles are here.  We counted 69 Bald
Eagles in our one lone Cottonwood Tree with another 14 eagles sitting on top
of the fence posts along the fence bordering this tree.

Sportingly,

Bill Fenimore

- --part1_69.1361d234.27f947b1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>My son and I were west of Corrine and north of the Bear River refuge on a
<BR>2,000 acre marsh that I have access to on Saturday afternoon (3-5 p.m.). &nbsp;
<BR>While we were there enjoying many of the migrant ducks, swans and Sandhill
<BR>Cranes, we were treated to an awesome arrival of several flocks of Snow
<BR>Geese, with mixed Ross and Blue Phase Geese. &nbsp;The birds flew over the area,
<BR>circling several times before landing in a crested wheat grass meadow (200
<BR>yards from us). &nbsp;There were several hundred birds in it. &nbsp;More long V's were
<BR>streaming into the area. &nbsp;Before it was over we counted some 2,000 Snow, Ross
<BR>Geese settling into the marsh (roosting for the night). &nbsp;A tremendous sight. &nbsp;
<BR>Their vocalizations filled the air. &nbsp;It was a din of honking birds.
<BR>
<BR>If anyone wants to tour the area, let me know. &nbsp;We have had Snowy Plovers
<BR>nesting in this area over the last several years. &nbsp;It is great birding,
<BR>especially in the winter when the Bald Eagles are here. &nbsp;We counted 69 Bald
<BR>Eagles in our one lone Cottonwood Tree with another 14 eagles sitting on top
<BR>of the fence posts along the fence bordering this tree.
<BR>
<BR>Sportingly,
<BR>
<BR>Bill Fenimore</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_69.1361d234.27f947b1_boundary--