Liberty Park, Salt Lake Co.

Forwarded from Bruce Robinson:

I spent about an hour yesterday at Liberty Park looking for the birds
that Julie spotted a couple of weeks ago.  What a tough place to bird!!

("Whatcha lookin' at?  Huh?  Can I look to?  Huh?  Why are you doin'
that? Huh Huh? Huh??" plus the constant drone of vehicles going down
7th
East!!!  Not much chance of locating the birds by hearing them!)  In
spite of the challenges, I was able to find 3 Red Breasted Nuthatches
near the horseshoe pits (I know they are common, but they are new ones
for me).
At risk of opening a hornets nest, let me pose a question to the group.

I've been reading the notes on the observation of the Smew in Oregon,
but there seems to be some dissension as to whether the bird observed
was a wild bird or a captive "escapee".  Now my question is, I've been
to Provo to see the Wood Ducks off of Center Street.  Are they "wild"
birds or are they "captives"?  Do I count them on my Lifelist or not?

Bruce

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/