Pygmy-Owl

A Northern Pygmy-Owl was kindly pointed out to me this morning, Feb. 12,
by the mobbing behavior of three Scrub Jays and a couple of Red-breasted
Nuthatches.  With all the activity, it still took me almost five minutes
of diligent searching to find the well concealed (from me, if not the
birds) owl.  It was located in a pine tree at 3484 S. Westwood Dr. (3770
E.).  However, the owl was not present later this afternoon.

Joel