birding lenses and photo-hiking

Hi folks,

I just bought a Nikon F100 and I'm looking for some lenses. I have a list of
the ones I'm interested in but contact me if you have any Nikon lenses you
wish to sell that have good glass and are in good working order.

Birding-wise, I'm basically looking for one long lens that won't kill me to
carry while hiking. That rules out a lot of the high quality 300mm choices.

I'd be glad to hear about fellow birder/hiker's favorite gear to carry too.
Since I just sold my old system I'm pretty much starting over.

Cheers!

Ron Wheeler
Eden