Never know what to expect

I had a new experience today. Looked out the back window and saw a
Sharp-shinned Hawk standing at the base of my feeder and leisurely finishing
his breakfast of a House Sparrow. After taking his good ol' time he flew off
to a nearby tree presumably to let his meal digest at his continued leisure
(and effectively keeping birds away from my feeders).  A little later I
looked out again and there was the hawk taking a good long bath in my little
pond. I am decidedly ambivalent about a Sharpie dining and bathing in my
backyard!

We hit the little Wetlands Park in Draper yesterday (about 750 East and 11800
South) as part of our segment of the Jordan River Count and saw there 21 of
the 36 species we saw for the whole day including a pair of Wood Ducks,
Evening Grosbeaks, a Great Horned Owl, and Mourning Doves. It is a gem of a
little wetlands park year round.  Hugh Gillilan