No subject was specified.

This morning was glorious-- a classic, sparkling white Christmas out of
my (idealized) Utah boyhood.  At about 10:00 am, we were rewarded and
excited by a Christmas visitor-- an adult Northern Goshawk perched in
the tree behind our Emigration Canyon home.  She peered about fiercely,
but I couldn't imagine she meant any real harm, and I believe she joined
the house finches, Cassin's finches, pine siskins, goldfinches, mountain
and black-capped chickadees, Stellar's and scrub jays, magpies, juncos,
downy woodpeckers, and Northern flickers, along with the deer, coyotes,
squirrels, and rabbits, in seeming to wish us an abundance of natural
splendor on this day of renewal and hope for the future.... truly a
special sighting indeed, and a reminder of the simple and great good
things our delight in the natural world provides us throughout the
year.  Merry Christmas (even to the starlings)!
Susan and Jeffrey Saffle