Re: [birdnet] Provo CBC

- --0-1317297469-977342272=:68556

I would like to update the Provo CBC results in terms of numbers of species observed.  The final count total is 109 based on four species of waterbirds not added to the first column of the checklist when I was totaling the night of the compilation after the team that was covering the Geneva Steel area reported their results; and the report of Wood Ducks from a pond near a person's home who was a feeder watcher. It was the highest number we have ever attained on the Provo CBC and may be the highest count ever for Utah.  I will have to check the results from previous years.  The weather was most cooperative and each team of observers reported more species from their areas than ever before due, in part, to the pleasant conditions.

  Tuula M Rose <tuularose@juno.com> wrote:

The Provo Christmas Bird Count (Sat. 12/16) produced a grand total of 104
species which is second highest in its history. Some rarities seen:

RED - SHOULDERED HAWK - Powell slew, in the big trees by the pond
that is behind the water treatment plant.

GREATER SCAUP - Geneva Steel cooling ponds

COMMON GRACKLE - (This was in Mark Bromleys area, he has details)

PEREGRINE FALCON - Mouth of Provo Canyon

NORTHERN PYGMY OWL - Ironton area. State Street to Springville. First
road west after the new road to East Bay. It was in the trees on the
small road north just before the first railroad tracks.

WINTER WREN - Bicentennial Park located east of State street on the way
to Springville. It was in the board walk area in the thick willows by the
stream.

RED CROSSBILLS - Still in the Provo Cemetery

Look for more detailed account of other birds and numbers seen on the
website soon.

All other Utah birdcounters! Please post your rare sightings promptly
for all of us committed twitchers (Dana and me included).

This was a great Bird Count Day.
Happy birding.
Tuula

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-1317297469-977342272=:68556

<P>I would like to update the Provo CBC results in terms of numbers of species observed.&nbsp; The final count total is 109 based on four species of waterbirds not added to the first column of the checklist when I was totaling the night of the compilation after&nbsp;the team that was covering the&nbsp;Geneva Steel area reported their results; and the report of Wood Ducks&nbsp;from a pond near a person's&nbsp;home who was a feeder watcher. It was the highest number we have ever attained on the Provo CBC and may be the highest count ever for Utah.&nbsp; I will have to check the results from previous years.&nbsp; The weather was most cooperative and each team of observers reported more species from their areas than ever before due, in part, to the pleasant conditions.<BR><BR>
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Tuula M Rose &lt;tuularose@juno.com&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BR><BR>
Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.
- --0-1317297469-977342272=:68556--