Hoodies

There were 3 Hooded Mergansers (1 male, 2 females) at First Dam, at the
mouth of Logan Canyon this afternoon.  There were also numerous Barrow's
Goldeneye, Common Goldeneye, and a female Common Merganser on the same pond.

Does anyone know why the Utah State Parks Dept. (in all of their wisdom) is
tearing up Willard Bay State Park?  If you haven't visited recently, you
probably don't want to.  They have taken out a huge chunk of habitat between
the marina and the campground and leveled it.  I suspect it will be yet
another parking lot or grassed-in picnic area.  We'd better all bird our
brains out before all of northern Utah is paved over, plowed over, grassed
over, etc. . . Carol