Bohemian Waxwing

Dear fellow birders,

I located a beautiful adult Bohemian Waxwing amidst a large feeding flock of
Cedar Waxwings on BYU's Provo campus this afternoon. I was with the rest of
Dr. Hal Black's ornithology class. Dr. Black had seen the waxwing flock and
thought it would be good to have the class, mostly new to birding, have a look
at the start of the hour. (It's a class assignment to independently identify
200 species of birds during the semester. That kind of homework is a lot of
fun!) A Bohemian Waxwing had been located this morning at BYU as well by Nate
Nye(?).

Anyway, the flock was located just SE of the Widtsoe Building in the juniper
and pine on the north side of the road that climbs the hill up to BYU campus.
It is 900 north in Provo. Before 4PM most area parking is for students and
faculty only. After 4PM most parking is free game. Visitors to campus during
school hours can park in the visitor parking lot just east of the Wilkinson
Student Center (the northeast corner of 1060 north and East Campus drive.)
>From there, cross the street west, go up the hill until you leave the road and
get onto the sidewalks of campus, turn south until you reach 900 north, then
follow 900 north downhill until you find the juniper and pine on the left.

The waxwings may be found in other locations on campus, so if they are not at
the spot they were at yesterday, enjoy a walk across BYU's campus. Nate
(Nye)?, a fellow ornithology class member has located good birds around the
botany pond lately including Hermit Thrush and Brown Creeper. The waxwings may
be there, too.

Good Birding!!

Joshua Kreitzer

Teancum Mail + LDS Address Book = LDS Global Directory [Official]