Mt. Timp Wastewater Treatment

For those of you who may have given up birding at the Mt. Timpanogos Wastewater Treatment plant since they drained the ponds, this might be of interest. With all the rain we've had lately, the ponds have turned into great shorebird habitat. At 10:00 this morning I saw Long-billed Dowitchers, Western Sandpipers, American Avocet, Black-necked Stilt, Killdeer, a Spotted Sandpiper, a couple of Sandhill Cranes (near the railroad tracks), White-faced Ibis, Snowy Egret, American White Pelicans, Canada Geese, Cinnamon Teal, Yellow-headed Blackbirds, Red-winged Blackbirds, White-crowned Sparrows and Song Sparrow.