Virginia's, O-c @ Hobble Creek

Hello All,
My wife and I took a nice walk today (4/17) along the parkway at Hobble Creek. On the drive in, we accidentally ended up on a side street in Springville and saw 2 male Ring-necked Pheasants involved in a brutal battle over territories that were likely scarce due to the houses in the area. Despite the very captivating cock fight, my wife, Amanda, spotted a Golden Eagle overhead. Just upstream of the pond, I saw an Orange-crowned Warbler with some Black-capped Chickadees. A bit further up the trail, an interesting call drew our attention over to another migrant flock that contained some Chickadees as well as a male Virginia's Warbler. Pheasants were calling in several locations up here as well and we saw another Golden Eagle, this one was an immature. Further up Hobble Creek Canyon, we saw a Steller's Jay and 2 Golden Eagles and some sort of grouse (just saw it run off the road).
Earlier today, we saw a breeding-plumaged Yellow-rumped Warbler and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet along the Provo River Parkway. Also, on Saturday, there were several American Dippers on and just downstream from the brown snowfield of the Bridal Veil falls avalanche in Provo Canyon.

Good Birding,
Matt Williams
Provo, UT