Curve-billed Flicker

I saw a Curve-billed Flicker yesterday at the end of Skipper Bay Trail. The Northern Flicker had a bill that was twice as long as it should have been and it curved down to end at more than a 45° angle from the face end of the bill. This was one of the most natural looking bill deformities I?ve ever seen. Other than a very small bulge at the throat it looked like a normal bill, it just didn?t fit the bird. Such a deformity could really confused someone if it was on another bird. Say a Sage Thrasher or Western Sandpiper.

Eric Huish Pleasant Grove UT poorwill_@hotmail.com 801-360-8777