Western Screech Owls at UVSC

     I have not been out birding too much this summer. Been here and there, but nothing spectacular. Also need to apologize for lacking in the field trip department. I plan on starting that all back up as soon as I get back from a trip I am taking to Canada to see family. It has been a busy June and apologize about that.
     As for today though as I was taking my dog on a walk down around Utah Valley State College in Orem I was able to see a Western Screech Owl for the second year in a row in the large Silver Leaf Maple tree in the front of the old historic Bunnell Home on campus. It is on the north side of the campus near the large student parking lot. It was easy to spot, just look up in the tree there. Also on campus at the fountain ponds on the west side was a Spotted Sandpiper which isn't exactly common for the campus, only my second sighting there. Also the first time I have seen Western Kingbirds on campus was today. Also as maybe you have heard they have signs up for the nesting Cliff Swallows on campus. I hope they continue to let them nest there.
     Again, when I get back to Canada I will start the field trips back up as fall migration will start to begin. I hope to have a lot of you come along.

Thanks
KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?