Blue-winged Teal

I went out in the rain today to see if I couldn't find my first Black-necked Stilt for the year. I went to Timpanogas Wastewater Treatment Plant. There water is low so there are spots for shorebirds. Sure enough there were 6 Black-necked Stilts, 4 American Avocets, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs and 2 Killdeer rounding off the shorebirds. There was a male and female Blue-winged Teal there as well. As long with my first Bank Swallow of the year. Also there are tons of dead carp in the first pond. There were several gulls there eating the carp. I saw one Herring Gull that seemed pretty late for this date to still be here. Hope everyone is enjoying this spring so far.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?