Goshen area birding

This posting is a day late, but my computer was down yesterday. Yesterday Eric Huish, myself and Lu Giddings were out in the south end of Utah County yesterday. It was fantastic weather and fantastic birding. Some birds of note were. There was a single Snow Goose out at the end of Goshen Bay road. Also on Goshen Bay Road was a Say's Phoebe, Golden Eagle and several other beautiful birds. Next we went to Cecret Pond and there were two Sandhill Cranes on the edge of the pond. We then headed to the Tintic Mountains along Dividened Road. Along the road we saw several Pinyon Juniper birds like Juniper Titmouse, Bushtit and Bewicks Wren. A Say's Phoebe was calling at the Dividened townsite. We then took the road from Eureka to Allen's Ranch. Along this road we saw several beautiful Mountain Bluebirds and Pinyon Jays. Chimney Rock did not reveal many other species that weren't seen earlier. At Goshen Warm Springs there were over 50 Cedar Waxwings and we heard a Great Horned Owl calling. It was a terrific day. It looks like migration is picking up a little. Even thought it is early, Spring fever is in full bloom for me. Also today I saw my first Clark's Grebe of the year along the Skipper Bay Trail out in Utah Lake. Also a couple days ago I saw the first American Avocets out in Lindon Boat Harbor. Hope everyone is enjoying this great weather.

KC Childs

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?