Airport Dike, Lewis Woodpecker

Eric Huish and I ran out to check out Utah Lake State Park and the Provo Airport Dike in Utah County today. At the state park there were a lot of American Pipits and 4 Greater Yellowlegs. We went to the southwest corner of the airport dike to see what was there for our big sit tomorrow. There was a Great Horned Owl being bugged by a Magpie and Flicker, a lone Wilson's Phalarope on the beach, a noisy Bewicks Wren, what seems to be some late Brewers Sparrows, what seemed to be a very hungry Merlin that seemed to be chasing something. Also still quite a few swallows and YR Warblers and Orange Crowned. It was a beautiful day. Later on a friend I drove down to the Woodland Hills area to see if the Lewis' Woodpeckers were down there. I counted five from the road. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BIRD. It was a great day to be out and about.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?