Birds in the Valley, Semipalmated Sandpiper and Plover plus more

I went out on the airport dike this afternoon. I ran into Jack Binch that had seen the Harris Sparrow along there. But I had my nephew with me and he wanted to see the bigger birds. So we went to the extension. There was a Solitary Sandpiper along the south side of the extension. There were also 100's of Dowitchers there. I took him home then headed down to Lincoln Beach. I stopped in Spanish Fork to look at the trees on the west side of the freeway for the Band-Tailed Pigeons. Sure enough there was a dozen or so out in the trees west of the dead tree. There was also one in the dead tree. I then went to Lincoln Beach. There I saw 4 Semipalmated Plovers and 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers. I was there studying the sandpipers for an hour. There was also Western Sandpipers there as well. At Lincoln Point there was a Northern Mockingbird. I got my first Orange Crowned Warbler of the year at LeBarron Point. But the whole Goshen Valley was experiencing rain while I was there. Not good for birding. I checked for the Bobolinks and was unable to locate them, but it was raining hard. Also went to Goshen Canyon where it was raining as well. Was not able to see much. I did see a Blue Gray Gnatcatcher and Yellow Warbler though. It was a great day today. Lots of birds around.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?