Airport Dike, Oxbow

I ran around the dike this morning. I saw a Virginia's Warbler at the start of it by the aiport. It was a large group of Western Kingbirds. Also there were still Red Breasted Mergansers, Lesser Scaup and a very obvious orange tinted female Bufflehead. Any ideas why she was orange?? There was also a Sharp Shinned Hawk working the trees on the south end. Also there were several Forester's Terns and Brewers Sparrows. At the northwest corner of the dike near the marina there were over 100 Dowitchers and 4 Blue-Winged Teal. At the Provo River Oxbow I heard and saw Yellow Warblers. What a beautiful yellow. Was really glad to see them. There was little water in the Oxbow. There was also Provo High School kids out birding. Good to see that there still doing that. Sorry for all the posts. Not seeing anything amazing, but just sharing what I saw.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?