U of U campus birds

Hi all,

This morning while walking to work I flushed a large accipter out of a
conifer on 1200 E and ~100 S. I only saw it briefly, but it appeared to be
an immature NORTHERN GOSHAWK or very large COOPER'S HAWK so any nearby
residents should keep their eyes peeled for it. There have also been severa
small groups of CEDAR WAXWINGS (I have yet to see any Bohemians) flying
around campus as well. I have also heard LESSER GOLDFINCHES fly over on a
number of occasions (including today) this fall as well. AMERICAN CROWS wer
also present on campus a couple of weeks ago, although I have not seen any
for a couple weeks now. Also, while walking home late last week I heard my
first (for the valley) GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET of the fall in one of the
trees in the presidents circle.

Colby