Salt Lake Birders Field Trip

Hi Folks -

While Kris Purdy's scouting trip to Powder Mountain did not turn up any Blue Grouse, it did produce a comical encounter worthy of print.  Watch for this story in the November newsletter!

So... with no Blue Grouse in sight, we have changed our weekend field trip to South Fork Canyon.  Meet Sunday (October 10th) at 8:00 a.m. at Sugarhouse Shopko.  It will take us about an hour to get to our destination in Provo Canyon.  It will be very chilly when we first arrive and the weather forecast calls for an overall cool day, so please dress appropriately.

Knowing that abilities differ, I hate to try to categorize the "hike" we will take.
I did it this morning without difficulty and I'm a lightweight in the hiking department.  The trail is good with a steady (but very, very mild) uphill climb.  We will cover maybe two miles round trip.  Bring a lunch and we'll picnic after the hike.  We'll plan to be home by 3:00 at the latest.

Not wanting to jinx our chances of seeing some good birds, I won't mention that Julie and I saw 69 Wild Turkeys and two Ruffed Grouse this morning.  Never mind that!  The beauty of the canyon alone is worth the price of admission (which is absolutely nothing).  Everyone is welcome.

Come join the fun!  Call me at 272-2755 if you have any questions.

Pomera
Field Trip Coordinator