Recent Bird Sightings

Birded the last couple of days with a friend visiting from Southern California, Peyton Cook. Started Thursday with a Chestnut-sided Warbler in the St. George area. This nice first fall female was seen only on Thursday. Friday we made a couple of stops in Millard County and had the following: Horned Grebe, Male "Yellow-shafted" Northern Flicker and a White-throated Sparrow. On the way home we stopped in Iron County at Quichapa Lake and had a male Long-tailed Duck, 2 Dunlin and a Pectoral Sandpiper. Today in St. George (with Rick Fridell etc. all) we had a Western Screech-Owl and another White-throated Sparrow.A Picture of the Owl was submitted and can possibly be viewed on the Utahbirds web site.

Good Birding!

Larry Tripp