Yellow Warbler

St. George:  May 1, 2005:  Keith & Marilyn Davis:  It's spring and our
cottonwood trees are full of birds.  I was watching our many Lesser
Goldfinchs pull the cotton seeds from the little pods high in the tree
top when I saw a bright yellow bird.  The dark eye was a giveaway on the
bright yellow head as well as the rusty red streaking on the breast.  It
is our first Yellow Warbler visitor.  It's song was loud and clear.   It
was crowding out all other songs from his competitors.  What a
treat!!!!  3287 Swaps Dr.