Owls

We walked to a new home being built  in our neighborhood this evening and our kitty came along.  In the cotton woods there was a nice new great horned owl nest.  :-)    They did not care for a cat in their area at all.  Both owls swooped and and dove at that cat and had serious business on their minds.  It looked like the cat was going to spend the night under the porch or be in shreds.  Well, I couldn't get her to come out so I walked home.  I waited about an hour and  went back with the car . She let me pick her up and give her a ride home.  She hates cars but I think she saw it as the best option for the night.   The owls are beautiful, I'll bet they have young ones in that nest.  Now I know why the turkeys haven't been roosting there lately.
Judy