White-tailed Kite in the Washington Fields

Hello,
This afternoon (4/09), I photographed an adult White-tailed Kite in the
Washington Fields (Washington Co.).  It was initially perched in the top of
some dead tamarisks at the end of the Y-Drain (Northeast end of Seegmiller
Marsh complex).  It soared off to the south over Schmutz Hill, and then was
observed an hour later in Washington along 300 East near the Washington
Bridge (Virgin River).

Also, the adult female Long-tailed Duck is continuing at the SR-9
(Hurricane) Sewer Ponds, and both the Ross's and Greater White-fronted Geese
are continuing at the Spring's Estate Pond.  Larry and I also saw a few new
migrants this morning, including six species of swallows, Snowy Egrets, and
Western Kingbirds.

Best Regards,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT