Snow Geese, etc.

Today David Breinholt and I made a little trip to Minersville Reservoir in Beaver County. There were about 300 snow geese out in a big flock. They all made a big commotion a while after we arrived, and lifted off making a big rucous. Then we saw a bald eagle come in and sample a little raft of coots where the geese had been. He left after a couple minutes, and the snow geese all came back after circling a couple times. There were a couple "blue" gooses in with them. Also on the Reservoir were redheads, pintails, American Wigeon, ring-necked ducks, and green-winged teal.
Later Pamela Larson and I hit Quichipa Lake in Iron County, where there was water (an unusual situation) and several ducks (mallards and pintails, at least) and canada geese on it, and a flock of 23 Snow Geese flew over.
Kevin Wheeler