Ruddy Shellduck

Good evening.

I received a call about 3PM this afternoon from a Patti Jubrias, a recently new resident to SunRiver and an extremely experienced birder who reported a Ruddy Shelduck on the main pond here at SunRiver.

I arrived at her house (bird is visible from her back yard on the bluff) about 4:30PM, scope in hand, and we verified the bird. She said that she had also seen it yesterday, while golfing, at Bloomington Country Club. It was still on our pond at 5:30PM when I left. Patti had several good digital shots of the bird while it was feeding, out of the water, on the far bank.

Good birding.

Bill